Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Shenzhen Kids

Thanks to the local FCC (Families with Children from China) I have met wonderful people and have gotten very good information and made some wonderful connections. I was able to connect to a yahoo group who are all people who have adopted from Shenzhen. There are two orphanages in this city, and many of them have adopted from Zhongfu's orphanage. It has been so helpful to hear from people who have been there, and have them share their experiences with adopting from China, and some who have adopted older children. These wonderful people are able to share with me how their children feel now, years later, about issues such as giving them an American name and helping them learn the language. They have also passed my information on to a lady who volunteers at his orphanage and she is going to send me information about Zhongfu and how he is doing. This is so exciting. I hope to post soon about new information.

One item that was shared with me from this group is that children from Shenzhen all look very different as they come from all over China. Shenzhen is a city filled with extreme wealth and extreme poverty. Many people come from different provinces to work while sometimes their families stay back. We may never really know what Province he is originally from, but we know where he is now and will love him no matter what.

No comments: